Sign the petition and support Sawmill Trace Students staying at Huddleston Elementary!
The Elementary School Redistricting Committee has proposed that students living in Sawmill Trace Subdivision be re-zoned to another elementary school for a minimum of 5 years effective for the 2008-2009 school year.
We oppose this redistricting proposal based on ALL variables the committee considered in their process.
1) Distance from the school- We are 1.1 miles from Huddleston Elementary!
2) Projected future growth- Extremely LOW! We live in established neighborhoods with no room to build on any side.
3) School capacity- Currently supporting the enrollment. According to the FCBOEd website Huddleston has supported higher enrollment numbers over the past 5 years.
4) Feeder pattern from ES-MS-HS- We currently are following the pattern, which feeds us to Booth MS. Displacement would disrupt this pattern.
5) Access to golf paths- The path outside our subdivision leads straight to Huddleston Elementary! (It follows the road, McIntosh Trail.)
6) Transportation patterns- It's a 1.1 mile ride from Huddleston as opposed to 1.6 miles to Oak Grove. Resulting in not only a longer bus ride, but a possible pick-up earlier than the 7:10am time we are currently assigned. And potentially increased fuel cost to the county due to longer bus routes.
7) Five year student projections- These numbers should stay fairly consistent due to the low growth rate in our area (refer back to number 2) and referring to enrollment numbers at Huddleston Elementary over the past 5 years.
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.