Many features of the chosen Flight 93 Memorial design are intolerable:
1. THE GIANT CRESCENT. The centerpiece of the original “Crescent of Embrace” design was a giant red Islamic shaped crescent. Every particle of this original crescent design remains completely intact in the so-called redesign, which only added a few irrelevant trees. The giant crescent is still there.
2. IT POINTS TO MECCA. The giant crescent points to Mecca. A crescent that Muslims face into to face Mecca is called a "mihrab," and is the central feature around which every mosque is built. The Flight 93 Memorial is on track to become the world's largest mosque.
3. THE ISLAMIC SUNDIAL. The minaret-like Tower of Voices is a year-round accurate Islamic prayer-time sundial (one of many typical mosque features that are realized in the crescent design, all on the same epic scale as the half mile wide central crescent).
4. THE 44 BLOCKS. There are 44 glass blocks on the flight path, equaling the number of passengers, crew, AND terrorists. [UPDATE 9-2-10: In an implicit acknowledgment of the 44 blocks, the Park Service has changed the three blocks inscribed with the 9/11 date to a single large block, reducing the block total to 42, which simply disguises what architect Paul Murdoch has done.]
Intentional or not, these features are entirely unacceptable. This travesty must stop and investigations must begin.
1) We the undersigned call on our state and federal legislators to undertake their own thorough and independent investigations of the Flight 93 Memorial design. The truth must come out.
2) We ask that the crescent design be scrapped entirely and that it be replaced with a new design that is not tainted by Islamic or terrorist memorializing symbolism.
3) We demand a fitting and proper memorial that HONORS the brave men and women of Flight 93.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Let's see some red white and blue for people who died to protect other Americans.
This design is completely inappropriate. It needs to be thrown out and replaced with one that honors the victims and is approved directly by the families!
This Islamic design for the Shankesville Memorial proposed by the National Parks Service must be replaced by a design representing the United States, where the victims were from, and we're slain. No Moslem Symbols are appropriate
Cynthia Schleicher3 weeks ago State or country: USA
Comments: Let's see some red white and blue for people who died to protect other Americans.
Linda Lalli3 weeks ago State or country: United States
Sally3 weeks ago State or country: Bronx NY USA
Comments: This Islamic design for the Shankesville Memorial proposed by the National Parks Service must be replaced by a design representing the United States, where the victims were from, and we're slain. No Moslem Symbols are appropriate
There are no highlights yet.