Toronto\'s homeless problem is growing worse, not better. The government is not looking at this big urban issue. More children are living on the streets. This will effect them mentally, socially and emotionally. Please sign to help make homelessness top the Ontario\'s list of things to fix!
Facts on Homelessness in Toronto:
- 2,700 children were staying in shelters in 1988, in 1998, 6,000 children were staying in shelters
-Goverment has withdraw from funding new social housing by senior levels of government and reductions in social assistance benefits
- There\'s a lack of shelters, food banks, and other services which help the homeless
- In 1998, only 5 youth are allowed into an emergency shelter
- Single man are takes up the majority of homeless
- more homeless 2 parent families are increasing
-By the end of the year 2000, over 32,100 people seeked emergency shelter in Toronto
-In 2000, The number of children stayed in hostels exceeded about 6,600
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.