Canadian Hockey Parents Association

Some Minor Hockey Associations like the Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) tell you were your child must play hockey. (residency rule) One would think, that you as a parent would know whats best for your child. But today the OMHA tells all parents where their children must play hockey. If you (as a parent) don\'t like where you are told your child must play, than you can take your child to another team or centre, right Wrong! Unless you get a release, than your child is stuck playing for a team which you don\'t approve of or the association that is poorly run. What ever happen to freedom of choice in Canada Gee.... if my child was taking golf lessons and I was unhappy with the golf instructor, I would take my child to a different golf course and a different golf instructor. But Minor Hockey Associations like the OMHA, tell you where your child must play hockey. You have no say at all! Is this fair Should you not have a say By signing this petition, you are telling associations like the OMHA, that this is no longer acceptable. Parents want more say in their child\'s hockey development.


Canadian Hockey Parents Association (CHPA) We are going to challenge the way some minor hockey associations operate in Canada.


No comments yet.

join the discussion

Recent signatures

  • username

    Andrew Fletcher

    12 months ago Comments: -
  • username

    best social bookmarks, Ukraine

    2 years ago Comments: ucRwb9 Hey, thanks for the blog.Much thanks again. Will read on...
  • username

    social bookmarking service, Russian Federation

    2 years ago Comments: rXQ0Gm Awesome article.Much thanks again. Fantastic.
See more

Petition highlights

There are no highlights yet.