On 3rd December 2012 a planning application was put in place for a 40 metre heigh wind turbine, with a wingspan of 54 metres. There are a number of key arguments against this construction:
- Its location and height mean it will be visible for miles around. It will destroy the view of the beautiful countryside from Crewkerne, Clapton, Roundham and other surrounding villages.
- It will create a constant whirring noise when in use equivalent to being in a room with a fan turned constantly on. Government ministers advise humans do not live within 1.4 miles of a wind turbine. The whole village of Hewish is within this radius.
- Research has shown properties near wind turbines are devalued by between 20% and 40%.
- Wind turbines scare horses, and other animals. A proposed new bridle way runs directly next to the site of this wind turbine.
- The construction of wind turbines such as this use such a huge amount of concrete and other environmentally destructive materials that the 'green' benifit is negated.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.