World Hunger effects everyone, everywhere in the world and im sure you will agree that we dont want world hunger to continue.
FACTS ABOUT WORLD HUNGER
1) 1.02 billion people do not have enough to eat - more than the populations of USA, Canada and the European Union.
2) The number of undernourished people in the world increased by 75 million in 2007 and 40 million in 2008, largely due to higher food prices.
3) 907 million people in developing countries alone are hungry.
4) Asia and the Pacific region is home to over half the world’s population and nearly two thirds of the world’s hungry people.
5) More than 60 percent of chronically hungry people are women.
6) 65 percent of the world's hungry live in only seven countries: India, China, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan and Ethiopia.
1) Every six seconds a child dies because of hunger and related causes.
2) More than 70 percent of the world's 146 million underweight children under age five years live in just 10 countries, with more than 50 per cent located in South Asia alone.
3) 10.9 million children under five die in developing countries each year. Malnutrition and hunger-related diseases cause 60 percent of the deaths.
4) The cost of undernutrition to national economic development is estimated at US$20-30 billion per annum.
5) One out of four children - roughly 146 million - in developing countries are underweight.
6) Every year WFP feeds more than 20 million children in school feeding programmes in some 70 countries. In 2008, WFP fed a record 23 million children.
Do you really want this to continue?? If not then please sign this petition to help STOP WORLD HUNGER.
The governments world wide could help stop this instead of spending the money on useless objects like the big spade in Burton town center and missiles. For the price of one missile, a school full of hungry children could eat lunch every day for 5 years. Please sign the petition and help us open there eyes to the suffering the word and HELP US STOP WORLD HUNGER.