We are petitioning a campaign to have St.Georges Day be a public holiday.
Our aim is to have ONE MILLION signatures to present to the government.
1. Do it for yourself...Go on pamper yourself, you're worth it. Try something new, or something you've always wanted to do but never got round to doing it. Reunions with old school friends etc.
2. For somebody else...There's somebody somewhere that is in need of some help, try fundraising, loads of ideas, you never know you might enjoy it
3. To celebrate the beginning of Summer... Traditionally Easter is supposed to be the official start of summer, but because of Bank Holiday Mondays and everyone trying to get away somewhere, and also the fact that Easter never seems to fall at any particular time, it all seems to slip away unnoticed. We have just endured 6 miserable months of cold wet and dark days. The clocks have gone forward, the days are longer, the weather is beginning to warm up and both anticipation and optimism are in the air, Summer has finally arrived!! Let's bring it in with a Bang!!
4. National Celebrations... As a multi racial and cultural country, this should be our one day where to which we can all celebrate together Are we not renowned for our Street Parties. Is this not Community Building Let's show the rest of the world that we can party with the best of them!!
5. April 23rd...St George's Day should be celebrated on the day. No more Bank Holiday Mondays!! It misses the point...
That's it. If you agree please sign...
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.