We are the 3rd year students of NIT, Durgapur staying at hall-2. Last year, the 2nd year students were alloted Hall-3 for accomodation during the 3rd year. However, this year the current 2nd years (2008-12 batch) will have to stay at hall-2 for the 3rd year too. We request you to allot Hall-3 to the 2008-12 batch and not the 2009-13 batch. Here are the grievances we have after staying at Hall-2 for a year.
1. The food available at the mess is something half of the residents don't bother to eat. The quality of the food available at the mess is awful to say the least. I'd rather fast than eat the food at times.
2. The rooms at Hall-2 are quite small compared to the rooms at Hall-3.
3. Internet connection is disrupted quite frequently at hall-2, and hall-2 only. At times we go without internet for days when our counterparts in hall-1, hall-3 et al enjoy trouble-free internet.
4. The bathrooms are not cleaned regularly and the cleaning staff are quite lax in their attitude.
5. The sound of generators constantly hammering away at the construction site not 50 mts. from the hall is undesirable.
6. There is neither a volleyball/badminton court, nor are their carrom boards or Table Tennis boards in the common room. This impedes us from some relaxation/entertainment.
Right now these are primary concerns we can think of. Please feel free to add your ideas and suggestions at the comment section. The faster we can collect the signatures of hall residents, the higher are our chances of getting to stay in hall-3, which is reportedly the best hall. Once signatures are collected, we will submit this application to the Dean, Director and the wardens's council. After all we deserve something better after having stayed at hall-2 for this year!
No comments yet.join the discussion
Nilesh Kumar Rai, India4 years ago Comments: u r right bro. Plz do this thing faster. once the classes get started thhen it will be very difficult yo change the rooms.
Anup Agarwal, India4 years ago Comments: -
Rajarshi Som, India4 years ago Comments: I stayed in 216, probably the worst room. Cement and paint was peeling off from the walls. Wall drips from the wall and ceiling during the rainy season. There is one window totally broken. I don't think I can survive another year in this hellhole.
There are no highlights yet.