Whereas, the undersigned are all residents of the Greensward Home Owner Association within the Village of South Barrington, IL and,
Whereas, as residents we purchased our homes with the expectation that we would be able to quietly enjoy our property, and,
Whereas, we the residents now find that the existing landscaping and planting provided by the State of Illinois IDOT is no longer sufficient to mitigate the current traffic noise from Algonquin Rd. – State Route 62, as it is a heavily trafficked road with a different function than other roads in South Barrington by use of industrial heavy trucking traffic and that such noise will only increase in the future due to the expansion and widening of State Route 62; and,
Therefore, we the undersigned residents petition The State of Illinois and the Village of South Barrington to take appropriate action to erect an acoustical sound wall, in accordance with Federal National Highway Administration specifications, within the existing right of way, to reduce the existing traffic noise to meet the following standard:
- 65 dBA during the day (generally considered to be 7:00AM to 10PM)
- 58 dBA during the night (generally considered to be 10PM to 7 AM the next day)
Additionally, we the undersigned residents petition The State
of Illinois and the Village of South Barrington to reevaluate the noise level
by conducting additional testing and monitoring the current noise levels of the
newly constructed roadway.
By signing this petition, you are registering your opposition to the continuous roadway noise on IL route 62. Your submission, along with all those who sign this petition, will be sent to both government and community leaders to raise awareness of the widespread opposition to the roadway noise. Please use the \"Tell Others\" button above to let your friends and family know about this important petition.
Top Reasons to Request Road Noise Abatement:
1. The most important reason is for the benefit of our
children. Our children need an environment for educational studies as well as indoor and outdoor activities (exercise and play) without the constant roadway noise
penetrating our homes and overwhelming the outdoor areas.
2. The proposed roadway surfacing technique was NOT used: IL Route 62 designer specified that the noise from Algonquin Rd would meet state requirements because of Quiet Concrete roadway specifications. The new surface, called the Next Generation Concrete Surface (e.g. NGCS) was developed through research at Purdue University using their Tire Pavement Test Apparatus (e.g. TPTA). To review the research: http://www.techtransfer.berkeley.edu/icpp/papers/78_2010.pdf
3. Motor Vehicle Noise: The posted speed limit on Algonquin Rd. is 45 MPH, yet many motorists do not obey the posted limits including industrial/commercial vehicles which exacerbates the noise at all hours of the day and night. This reinforces the need for additional noise abatement study as specified by IDOT at: http://www.dot.state.il.us/desenv/noise/faqAbatement.html
I live in Crabtree Trails at 62 and Palatine Roads. It is definitely terribly noisy now since the road widening. I fully support the petition.
Our subdivision does not run along Rt 62, and yet I have noticed the increase in noise.
If there is an east wind, the noise is very loud and I am over 1/2 mile away.
Nancy Waring, United States5 months ago
anne kristufek, United States5 months ago
sana shakir, United States5 months ago
There are no highlights yet.