WE THE UNDERSIGNED members of the First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Antonio, Texas,
• Recognizing the fragile and interdependent state of our Earth and all living things;
• Recognizing the need to protect and maintain the quality of our common life-giving natural resources such as water, soil, and air;
• Recognizing the need to join with others to bring forth a sustainable society based on respect for our planet and all its life-giving resources; and
• Recognizing our universal human rights to a clean environment:
DO THEREFORE DECLARE
To one another, to the greater community of life, and to future generations, our acceptance of responsibility for preserving and protecting the health, vitality, beauty, and diversity of this planet Earth.
TO THIS END
As members of this congregation and participants in the Green Sanctuary program, we pledge our encouragement to one another in a personal and congregational commitment to living this promise through our Unitarian Universalist Principles, including the Seventh Principle, “Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.” In addition to specific projects and activities, we make the following commitments:
• We incorporate Seventh Principle values and practices into our worship services, celebrations, and religious education programs;
• We live lightly on the Earth and strive to continually improve our environmental impact;
• We support efforts to improve the quality of our watershed; and
• We affirm and promote programs to raise the awareness of human behaviors that affect the health and sustainability of the living Earth.
Green Sanctuary Team of the First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Antonio, TX
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
http://firstuugreen.wordpress.com/ - The blog of the Green Sanctuary Team of First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Antonio, TX
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.