Grandparents have no rights in Washington State. This is the only state in the Union who does not recognize or support the important role of Grandparents and thriving of the grandchild(ren).
This petition specifically is designed to encourage change for Grandparents before the children are taken and after the children are removed. Once the children are taken, only Washington State has power and authority - an authority set up by the State itself with specific laws governing and supporting state exclusive domination over the family and extended family.
We the People and Families of Washington State require:
1. That Grandparents begin to get recognized as a viable authority within the system of families not just the State or CASA.
2. Grandparents are more familiar with the family system and are often The Voice of the Children.
3. Grandparents and other family members should be offered the opportunity to parent the grandchildren before dependency is established not just after. Speedy placement with relatives should be law.
4. Educate the community about the process of dependency and what to do before dependency is established. This education should be made readily available to all persons and a priority in regards to continued family unification.
5. Visitation allowed with grandparents if there is dependency so that the grandchild(ren) can continue the established relationship
6. A provision for mediation of conflicted core families with extended families
Check out our chat and blog: http://wsef.forumotion.com
Read my story on my website. I am highly motivated to change the system. Join with me.
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.