Forever Wild - Save the Rhino Campaign
Rhino Poaching may bean African Tragedy, but it isa Global Responsibility!
- South Africa is custodian to over 90% of the world’s rhino.
- In 2010 alone, 333 rhino were killed in South Africa by poachers for their horn.
- In 2011, over 149 rhino have alreadybeen killed(one per day).
- It has been proven that the horn has no medicinal value and is not a cure for cancer. However it is still sought after, mainly in the East.
- The killing will only stop when the horror of it all is understood.
This petition will be taken to the highest governmental powers and is a vital part of the lobbying campaign which is needed to change laws regarding the importation of rhino horn into foreign countries.
It is only through a GLOBAL campaign and POLITICAL will that we can save this remnant of the dinosaur age – the rhino.
This initiative is spearheaded by Dr Ian Player (founder) and Andrew Muir (CEO) of the Wilderness Foundation.
In the horrific image above, a rhino from an Eastern Cape private game reserve had its horn hacked off while it was still alive. Vets and wildlife managers tried in vain to save its life but the wounds were too severe and it had to be put down.
- November 21
- Petition has reached 10000 signatures! show more
1 day agoChristine Krasser Austria1 day ago
2 days agoRoberta Limoli-Barufaldi United States2 days ago
2 days agoGabriele Klien Austria2 days ago
2 days agoIrene Canada2 days ago
3 days agoGeraldine Tixier Lacaze France3 days ago
3 days agoTara davies United Kingdom3 days ago
3 days agoVera Galot Germany3 days ago
3 days agoJalynn Yarber United States3 days ago
3 days agoNathalie bertacchi griffi France3 days ago
3 days agoJoanna busst United Kingdom3 days ago
3 days agomarilena zubani Italy3 days ago
3 days agoTOMO HARUYAMA Japan3 days ago
3 days agoMarie Marie MARIE France3 days ago
3 days agoGarret Leahey United States3 days ago
3 days agoChantal Hamon Morocco3 days ago