Forever Wild - Save the Rhino Campaign
Rhino Poaching may bean African Tragedy, but it isa Global Responsibility!
- South Africa is custodian to over 90% of the world’s rhino.
- In 2010 alone, 333 rhino were killed in South Africa by poachers for their horn.
- In 2011, over 149 rhino have alreadybeen killed(one per day).
- It has been proven that the horn has no medicinal value and is not a cure for cancer. However it is still sought after, mainly in the East.
- The killing will only stop when the horror of it all is understood.
This petition will be taken to the highest governmental powers and is a vital part of the lobbying campaign which is needed to change laws regarding the importation of rhino horn into foreign countries.
It is only through a GLOBAL campaign and POLITICAL will that we can save this remnant of the dinosaur age – the rhino.
This initiative is spearheaded by Dr Ian Player (founder) and Andrew Muir (CEO) of the Wilderness Foundation.
In the horrific image above, a rhino from an Eastern Cape private game reserve had its horn hacked off while it was still alive. Vets and wildlife managers tried in vain to save its life but the wounds were too severe and it had to be put down.
- November 21
- Petition has reached 10000 signatures! show more
3 days agostacey planz United States3 days ago
3 days agoKathy Ellis United States3 days ago
4 days agomaria manjarrez Mexico4 days ago
5 days agoManuela Zeiler Austria5 days ago
5 days agoAmber Williams United States5 days ago
5 days agoWilliam Park United States5 days ago
5 days agoJudith Fischer Germany5 days ago
7 days agoFilip de prins Belgium7 days ago
7 days agoEugenia Capetillo Mexico7 days ago
7 days agoStephanie Christman United States7 days ago
7 days agoEleonora Bettarini Italy7 days ago
7 days agoClaudia Di Fede Italy7 days ago
7 days agoMarialuisa Banfo Italy7 days ago
1 week agoRosanna rosso Italy1 week ago
1 week agoJeanette Easton United States1 week ago