Rhino Poaching may bean African Tragedy, but it isa Global Responsibility!
- South Africa is custodian to over 90% of the world’s rhino.
- In 2010 alone, 333 rhino were killed in South Africa by poachers for their horn.
- In 2011, over 149 rhino have alreadybeen killed(one per day).
- It has been proven that the horn has no medicinal value and is not a cure for cancer. However it is still sought after, mainly in the East.
- The killing will only stop when the horror of it all is understood.
This petition will be taken to the highest governmental powers and is a vital part of the lobbying campaign which is needed to change laws regarding the importation of rhino horn into foreign countries.
It is only through a GLOBAL campaign and POLITICAL will that we can save this remnant of the dinosaur age – the rhino.
This initiative is spearheaded by Dr Ian Player (founder) and Andrew Muir (CEO) of the Wilderness Foundation.
In the horrific image above, a rhino from an Eastern Cape private game reserve had its horn hacked off while it was still alive. Vets and wildlife managers tried in vain to save its life but the wounds were too severe and it had to be put down.
Makes me sick , all for the Asian market .
Despicable people involved in the horrific disrespect, abuse, torture and greedy senseless murder in ANY way, must be punished, fined, imprisoned, get extensive rehab: be committed to a mental institution, pay for their own extensive psychiatric care and do long hours of supervised charity helping animals or they will continue to disrespect and disrespect, neglect, abuse, torture and kill. They have no regard (for the pain and suffering) of others. They are serial murderers in the making. Humans must strive to be compassionate caregivers, protectors and stewards of the planet and its beings. Helping not harming. To create an environment where all sentient beings are treated with compassion and respect. Never to die needlessly or cruelly. These vulnerable, innocent beings have the right to live “cruelty-free” in peace.
Please help rhinos cruelty from poachers. Please help them !
Annie Roberts2 weeks ago
Ryan Buckley2 weeks ago
Ken Staley2 weeks ago
- Petition has reached 10000 signatures!