Rhino Poaching may bean African Tragedy, but it isa Global Responsibility!
- South Africa is custodian to over 90% of the world’s rhino.
- In 2010 alone, 333 rhino were killed in South Africa by poachers for their horn.
- In 2011, over 149 rhino have alreadybeen killed(one per day).
- It has been proven that the horn has no medicinal value and is not a cure for cancer. However it is still sought after, mainly in the East.
- The killing will only stop when the horror of it all is understood.
This petition will be taken to the highest governmental powers and is a vital part of the lobbying campaign which is needed to change laws regarding the importation of rhino horn into foreign countries.
It is only through a GLOBAL campaign and POLITICAL will that we can save this remnant of the dinosaur age – the rhino.
This initiative is spearheaded by Dr Ian Player (founder) and Andrew Muir (CEO) of the Wilderness Foundation.
In the horrific image above, a rhino from an Eastern Cape private game reserve had its horn hacked off while it was still alive. Vets and wildlife managers tried in vain to save its life but the wounds were too severe and it had to be put down.
please help get this barbaric act stopped forever...
Primative and unfounded belief in medicinal properties of horn MUST be discredited otherwise killing will continue. Countries who traffic this should be held accountable
There is no reason why this heinous cruelty is perpetrated in this century, time it was stopped for the animals sake
Magnus Mowat3 days ago Comments: please help get this barbaric act stopped forever...
Deon3 days ago Comments: -
Urszula Górniak5 days ago Comments: -
- Petition has reached 10000 signatures!