Forever Wild - Save the Rhino Campaign
Rhino Poaching may bean African Tragedy, but it isa Global Responsibility!
- South Africa is custodian to over 90% of the world’s rhino.
- In 2010 alone, 333 rhino were killed in South Africa by poachers for their horn.
- In 2011, over 149 rhino have alreadybeen killed(one per day).
- It has been proven that the horn has no medicinal value and is not a cure for cancer. However it is still sought after, mainly in the East.
- The killing will only stop when the horror of it all is understood.
This petition will be taken to the highest governmental powers and is a vital part of the lobbying campaign which is needed to change laws regarding the importation of rhino horn into foreign countries.
It is only through a GLOBAL campaign and POLITICAL will that we can save this remnant of the dinosaur age – the rhino.
This initiative is spearheaded by Dr Ian Player (founder) and Andrew Muir (CEO) of the Wilderness Foundation.
In the horrific image above, a rhino from an Eastern Cape private game reserve had its horn hacked off while it was still alive. Vets and wildlife managers tried in vain to save its life but the wounds were too severe and it had to be put down.
- November 21
- Petition has reached 10000 signatures! show more
3 days agoJill Nightingale United States3 days ago
2 weeks agoTammy Natoli United States2 weeks ago
2 weeks agoFreda Harvey United Kingdom2 weeks ago
2 weeks agoMurielle Rittman United States2 weeks ago
2 months agotove m damsgaard Denmark2 months ago
2 months agoDmitry Bakulin Russian Federation2 months ago
2 months agoM kleef Netherlands2 months ago
2 months ago上野美智代 Japan2 months ago
2 months agohiromi kobayashi Japan2 months ago
2 months agoKathryn United Kingdom2 months ago
3 months agoSimon Howlett United Kingdom3 months ago
3 months agoSharon Wardle United Kingdom3 months ago
3 months agoMiho Terahata Japan3 months ago
3 months agoKathy Wolf United States3 months ago
3 months agoDenise Butler United Kingdom3 months ago