Forever Wild - Save the Rhino Campaign
Rhino Poaching may bean African Tragedy, but it isa Global Responsibility!
- South Africa is custodian to over 90% of the world’s rhino.
- In 2010 alone, 333 rhino were killed in South Africa by poachers for their horn.
- In 2011, over 149 rhino have alreadybeen killed(one per day).
- It has been proven that the horn has no medicinal value and is not a cure for cancer. However it is still sought after, mainly in the East.
- The killing will only stop when the horror of it all is understood.
This petition will be taken to the highest governmental powers and is a vital part of the lobbying campaign which is needed to change laws regarding the importation of rhino horn into foreign countries.
It is only through a GLOBAL campaign and POLITICAL will that we can save this remnant of the dinosaur age – the rhino.
This initiative is spearheaded by Dr Ian Player (founder) and Andrew Muir (CEO) of the Wilderness Foundation.
In the horrific image above, a rhino from an Eastern Cape private game reserve had its horn hacked off while it was still alive. Vets and wildlife managers tried in vain to save its life but the wounds were too severe and it had to be put down.
- November 21
- Petition has reached 10000 signatures! show more
2 days agoElizaveta Golubeva Russian Federation2 days ago
2 days agoShelley Foxx United Kingdom2 days ago
3 days agoJose Cartin Costa Rica3 days ago
3 days agoCatherine Dixon United Kingdom3 days ago
3 days agoAudrey Hong Singapore3 days ago
4 days agoLaura watson United Kingdom4 days ago
4 days agoCordelia Walstijn Denmark4 days ago
4 days agoJulia s Russian Federation4 days ago
4 days agoclaudin France4 days ago
4 days agoAnn Evans United States4 days ago
4 days agoBrendan United Kingdom4 days ago
4 days agoKjerstin Norway4 days ago
5 days agodawn Murray United Kingdom5 days ago
5 days agoMary Massey United States5 days ago
5 days agoSanni Pedersen Denmark5 days ago