Rhino Poaching may bean African Tragedy, but it isa Global Responsibility!
- South Africa is custodian to over 90% of the world’s rhino.
- In 2010 alone, 333 rhino were killed in South Africa by poachers for their horn.
- In 2011, over 149 rhino have alreadybeen killed(one per day).
- It has been proven that the horn has no medicinal value and is not a cure for cancer. However it is still sought after, mainly in the East.
- The killing will only stop when the horror of it all is understood.
This petition will be taken to the highest governmental powers and is a vital part of the lobbying campaign which is needed to change laws regarding the importation of rhino horn into foreign countries.
It is only through a GLOBAL campaign and POLITICAL will that we can save this remnant of the dinosaur age – the rhino.
This initiative is spearheaded by Dr Ian Player (founder) and Andrew Muir (CEO) of the Wilderness Foundation.
In the horrific image above, a rhino from an Eastern Cape private game reserve had its horn hacked off while it was still alive. Vets and wildlife managers tried in vain to save its life but the wounds were too severe and it had to be put down.
sign me up for body guard fro the rhinos and elephants, I have knowledge of weapons, it is time to act, we can not wait hoping for things to get better, it is a fragile line and the poor rhinos and elephants are on the loosing end, sign me up
Stop abuse with animals!!!!
stop killing these beautiful animals. Save them from extinction
Alejandro Flores2 days ago
ANNA CHIARA SARTORI4 days ago
Marcelle Gutierrez1 week ago
- Petition has reached 10000 signatures!