Forever Wild - Save the Rhino Campaign
Rhino Poaching may bean African Tragedy, but it isa Global Responsibility!
- South Africa is custodian to over 90% of the world’s rhino.
- In 2010 alone, 333 rhino were killed in South Africa by poachers for their horn.
- In 2011, over 149 rhino have alreadybeen killed(one per day).
- It has been proven that the horn has no medicinal value and is not a cure for cancer. However it is still sought after, mainly in the East.
- The killing will only stop when the horror of it all is understood.
This petition will be taken to the highest governmental powers and is a vital part of the lobbying campaign which is needed to change laws regarding the importation of rhino horn into foreign countries.
It is only through a GLOBAL campaign and POLITICAL will that we can save this remnant of the dinosaur age – the rhino.
This initiative is spearheaded by Dr Ian Player (founder) and Andrew Muir (CEO) of the Wilderness Foundation.
In the horrific image above, a rhino from an Eastern Cape private game reserve had its horn hacked off while it was still alive. Vets and wildlife managers tried in vain to save its life but the wounds were too severe and it had to be put down.
- November 21
- Petition has reached 10000 signatures! show more
2 weeks agotove m damsgaard Denmark2 weeks ago
1 month agoDmitry Bakulin Russian Federation1 month ago
1 month agoM kleef Netherlands1 month ago
1 month ago上野美智代 Japan1 month ago
1 month agohiromi kobayashi Japan1 month ago
1 month agoKathryn United Kingdom1 month ago
1 month agoSimon Howlett United Kingdom1 month ago
1 month agoSharon Wardle United Kingdom1 month ago
2 months agoMiho Terahata Japan2 months ago
2 months agoKathy Wolf United States2 months ago
2 months agoDenise Butler United Kingdom2 months ago
2 months agoMyriam bauer Germany2 months ago
2 months agostacey planz United States2 months ago
2 months agoKathy Ellis United States2 months ago
2 months agomaria manjarrez Mexico2 months ago