Petition to save the Freehold Borough Post office!!!
The Freehold Borough Post Office Facility services a 1.9 square mile community of 12,000 residents, another 10,000 residents from eastern Freehold Township and over 300 small business. This Small City will be uniquely underserved without a postal facility. Currently every other county seat in the State of New Jersey, as well as the overwhelming majority of County Seats in the United States of America, are recognized by the United States Postal Service through their prescience by way of having a postal facility. The closure of the United States Postal Service facility in Freehold Borough must be reconsidered.
• Whereas the United States Postal Service facility services the estimated 12,000 residents of Freehold Borough plus the over 10,000 residents of eastern Freehold Township.
• Whereas United States Postal Service facility located in Freehold Borough services a large population of pedestrian residents who have little access to transportation, or have very limited access to public transportation. One must conclude that this closure will only cause further hardship to residents whose only means of accessing the services provided by the Freehold Borough Postal Facility will be revoked into nonexistence but this closure.
• Whereas United States Postal Service facility located in Freehold Borough services a large population of Senior Citizens and elderly, will again cause untold hardship to many older citizens who have little access to transportation, and limited access to public transportation. Again, this closure will cause serious hardship to residents whose only means of accessing the needed services provided by the Freehold Borough Postal Facility, will be vacated.
• Whereas United States Postal Service facility located in Freehold Borough services the residents who occupy the eastern side of Freehold Township, many not only utilize the convenience of the Freehold Borough location, but also patron the many businesses located in Downtown Freehold. Closure of the Freehold Borough Postal Facility will prove to be a serious loss of patronage and revenue for Downtown Freehold Borough businesses.
• Whereas The Freehold Borough Post Office Facility services the Monmouth County Superior Court as well as the Municipal Court for the Borough of Freehold and their workers. Closure can only offer a negative impact on certain judicial operations that will surely be under served without a local postal facility.
• Whereas Freehold Borough is the County Seat of Monmouth, we proudly bear the distinction as being the Capital of Monmouth County for over 240 years, home to, and serving the needs of, our County Government, County Executives, County Agencies, Departments and Commissions, plus Freehold Borough Municipal government Offices, Departments and Commissions. These government operations too will be under served without a local postal facility.
• Whereas the Freehold Borough Postal Facility Services a large number of legal businesses operating out of Freehold Borough due to its status as a County Seat and home to a Superior Court, including various Municipal legal faculties thus establishing Freehold Borough as a significant Legal hub for the County and State, these legal agencies too will be vastly undeserved.
• Whereas the United States Postal Service services an estimated 300 local commercial businesses, many that are members of the Freehold Center Partnership, who sustain the viability of Freehold Borough as the premier business hub for Western Monmouth County. Leaving Freehold Borough businesses without a postal facility will be detrimental to the necessary future growth and business development Downtown and throughout Freehold Borough commercial zones.
The undersigned ask the Municipal Governing Bodies of both *Freehold Borough and *Freehold Township, our *Monmouth County Freeholders, our *District 12 New Jersey State Legislators, *United States Senator Robert Menendez , *United States Senator Frank Lautenberg, and * US Congressman Smith, to petition the Postmaster General John E, Potter, to repeatedly and forcefully communicate with a most certain, with a loyal commitment to your esteemed constituents, for the reasons stated above, this hapless decision to leave Freehold Borough, the capital of Monmouth County, without a United States Postal Service facility. The US Federal Government can bail out GM, Citigroup and AIG, so a small, very much needed Postal Facility can be saved too! Today, our American history is calling for economic stimulus, as we are all called upon as patriots to build an environment that nurtures business development and downtown revitalization. Yet today, this unprecedented void created by closing the only remaining postal facility in Freehold Borough, can and will ONLY produce an unpatriotic negative impact on the citizenry, local small business owners, regional business development, Municipal and County Government and the Regional Judiciary also.
We, The Undersigned Petition To Keep A Full Time - Full Service Postal Facility Opened In Freehold Borough
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.