This petition has the following goals:
1) Demonstrate support for the continuation of Farscape,
2) Demonstrate the possibility of financially backing Farscape with viewer/fan money,
3) Demonstrate support for increased viewer involvement through methods like viewer financing.
Pledge how much a 5th Season of Farscape is worth to you! What you would pay for a guaranteed 5th season Do you want to open up new ways to save cancelled shows and give loyal, discerning Viewers more influence in programming decisions
If collected (via memberships in a corporation) the pledged money would be used to directly secure a 5th season and get recognition for the viewers for making it possible (perhaps in the form of a special \"Viewer-Financed\" episode).
If it works it will be a one-of-a-kind chapter in television history, just like Farscape. And even if no deals can be made, the attempt will be a great demonstration of the value of the show and the resources of viewers in general.
Enter amount in US$ if possible. Please be honest and conservative. The pledge amount is not legally binding, but it IS a pledge and the projections we quote to interested parties should be as accurate and realistic as possible. We\'ll take great effort to root out insincere offers. Please include your email.
And even if you can
The Viewer Consortium, Inc.
One of the most common concerns is \"How do we know this is not a scam\"
The Articles of Incorporation of The Viewer Consortium specify it as a non-profit in keeping with 501(c)(3) public charity guidelines. That includes a specific statement in the Articles explicity preventing any monies collected to go to the profit of the officers, board, or members of the corporation.
The details of how a viewer-financing deal may be structured are still being worked out, but some minimum conditions that the plans being considered have in common include:
1) A special \"final deal\" fund will be established with strict parameters under which the money in the fund can be transferred. It is to this fund that all money for renewing Farscape will be collected, with the exception of a small percentage that may be reserved to cover operating costs incurred in the process of negotiating. That percentage would be fixed before donations are collected.
2) If no satisfactory deals to continue Farscape can be reached, the money in the \"final deal\" fund will be refundable.
3) An association, membership, or some sort of body will be formed which is open to (but not requisite for) the donators. This body will get to approve of the expenditure or refunding of the \"final deal\" fund.
Additional Petition Statistics:
Leading five countries (by # of signers):
US, UK, CAN, GER, AUS
Leading five US states (by # of signers):
CA, TX, NY, FL, PA
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
Other Petitions: SIGN THEM ALL!!! Networks DO look at petitions. We want all counts to get as high as possible! http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/SAVE_FARSCAPE/ http://www.petitiononline.com/scaper1/petition.html http://www.petitiononline.com/scapefan/petition.html http://www.petitiononline.com/frellno/petition.html Check out these links for more info on saving Farscape! http://www.farscapeweekly.com/ http://www.farscapeworld.com/ http://www.watchfarscape.com/ http://www.farscape-one.de/ http://www.farscapefantasy.com/ http://www.karlsweb.com/ http://www.theviewerconsortium.com/
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.