Transport is a critical issue for the future of Exeter.
The City is in the grip of a Labour Council which is wedded to a government policy that hammers the motorist whenever possible. Their\'s is a single minded determination to demonise the motorist at every opportunity. In Exeter, that manifests itself as a determination to make the motoring experience as unbearable as possible in some misconceived attempt to force the motorist out of his or her car and onto public transport. The result is gridlock.
The answer is better public transport and a sensible traffic management strategy designed the allow the traffic to flow freely rather than bring it to a standstill.
(1) An urgent review of all traffic light timings in the City to increase the flow of traffic;
(2) Western Way southbound from South Street to Exebridges to be widened;
(3) Southbound from Countess Wear over the river and canal to be re-instated as dual lane;
(4) A feasibility study be commissioned to report on a dual lane one way system in to and out of the City using Heavitree Road and Pinhoe Road;
(5) An urgent review of all bus and cycle lanes in the City;
Peter Cox is the Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for Exeter. A resident of Exeter, Peter endures the same traffic chaos as other residents!
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.