There are many problems at the College of Charleston that affect the safety and accessibility for disabled and able students.
Problems, such as:
1. Uneven sidewalk bricks that trip students
2. Some buildings have handicapped accessible bathrooms on only one floor, instead of every floor
3. Ramps to buildings are in difficult places to reach in a manual wheelchair
4. Lack of Streetlights and not enough emergency call boxes make it dangerous for students to walk to class at night
5. Elevators are frequently out of service
6. Some student activities, such as CofC Radio, are in older buildings on a top floor without an elevator
These are only a handful of the problems that students have to endure every day on campus. The purpose of this petition is to inform the administrators and urge them to solve these fixable problems!! All students, both handicapped and able, have a right to a safe atmosphere on campus.
*IMPORTANT: You don't have to be a student at the College of Charleston to sign this petition!!
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.