We, the concerned taxpaying citizens and stakeholders residing in the Eden Prairie School District, hereby present this petition to the Eden Prairie School Board to respectfully request that Board members rescind their vote for the K-6 facilities plan (Spanish Immersion at Oak Point with a 6th K-6 Elementary School) presented by Superintendent Melissa Krull on February 23, 2010. We object to the implementation of the K-6 facilities plan at this time for a number of reasons, including the following:
- As of November 2010 the final costs still have not been defined.
- The ongoing question and inaccuracy of building capacity numbers.
- The options the Five-Year Facilities Committee could consider were limited by the Superintendents’ parameters.
- The Superintendent increased the enrollment of Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion to 160 during the Task Force’s work (before the Board approved doing so), eliminating the possibility of housing EHSI in one of the quadrant schools and further restricting options.
- The Superintendent did not consider other enhanced programs or curriculums as instructed by the Board.
- Superintendent Krull has acknowledged that the curriculum and the enrichments at all of Eden Prairies proposed new elementary schools will not be as robust as current programming and will not be back to 2010 levels for several years if ever.
No comments yet.join the discussion
social bookmarking service, Russian Federation2 years ago Comments: 4ljxkJ Really enjoyed this blog.Really thank you! Will read on...
modular homes upstate NY, Russian Federation2 years ago Comments: XwXoit I am so grateful for your article.Really thank you! Much obliged.
swrrtmt3 years ago Comments: This comment was deleted on 2013-01-20 15:33:10
There are no highlights yet.