Anaheim City Council will be voting on ending cruel animal circus acts. Your signature is needed.
Free the Animals
- Traveling circuses cannot meet the physical, psychological or behavioral needs of wild animals, which suffer severe confinement, social deprivation, long periods of time in transporters, brutal control methods and physical violence.
- Fear, intimidation, violence, emotional deprivation and withholding food, forces animals to perform.
Public Health and Safety
- Keeping large, dangerous, stressed wild animals in close proximity to the public in lightweight, temporary enclosures have proven disastrous. Workers and public have been killed and maimed; lions, tigers and elephants have all escaped.
- Around 12% of Asian and 2% of African elephants in North America have tuberculosis, which is transmissible to humans.
- Because of dangers to employees and the public the Association of Zoos and Aquariums have limited free contact
- Enforcement of animal welfare regulations is difficult as circuses are constantly moving; this justifies a restriction.
- Public tax dollars are not sufficient to cover the cost of enforcing regulations
- Circus Vargas has joined dozens of innovative and entertaining productions in leaving animals out of the act.
- Cirque du Soleil generates an estimated $810 million a year.
Take Further Action:
emails to the Mayor & Council can be sent to SRay@Anaheim.net
letters can be mailed to:
Mayor Tom Tait & City Council
City of Anaheim
City Hall 7th Floor
200 S. Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92805
No comments yet.join the discussion
MARINA MURPHY, United Kingdom1 year ago Comments: -
Irma Ramirez, United States2 years ago Comments: PLEASE STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY
Irene Ramirez, United States2 years ago Comments: STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY.
There are no highlights yet.