Emancipation of a Minor

This Petition is to be sent to the Clerk of Circuit Court in Baltimore City Maryland. They should be recieving this Petition by the fifth month of the thirty first day in the year of two thousand and five. I am a 21 year old female. I have been living in Baltimore Maryland for the past two years. I am currently work for Morgan State University, I also attend school here. I am having problems proving to my university that I am an independent person. My mother can not claim me on her tax returns because the Internal Revenue Service has told her that for her to claim me she would have had to contribute my salary plus one percent. I also have maintained a place of residency in Baltimore Maryland for more then 12 months now. I work full time and my employment is enough to sustain me. I am twenty one years of age and even though I am of legal age, I am still considered a minor under my mothers guardianship until I am 23. This has caused hardships for me because my university will not accept my tax forms for financial aid assistance, they need my parents tax forms as well.


There is no Sponser


These are cites related to my petition they should explain what it is that I am asking for. 1. http://www.peoples-law.org/children/emancipation/emancipation%20home.htm 2. http://www.lawlib.state.md.us/emancipation_children.html


No comments yet.

join the discussion

Recent signatures

  • username

    kelsey nelson, United States

    4 years ago State: -
    Country: -
    Comments: -
  • username

    Bennett Richard Gilvin, United States

    4 years ago State: Georgia
    Country: United States
    Comments: I want to live with my grandparents in kentucky because i think i will have a better life there.
  • username

    Takeesha Muldrow, United States

    5 years ago State: New Jersey
    Country: United States
    Comments: -
See more

Petition highlights

There are no highlights yet.