stop downtown binghamton traffic circle
Nine reasons to sign the petition below:
1. There is not enough physical space to construct this roundabout.
2. There is NOT THAT MUCH traffic to demand the construction of this roundabout.
3. No traffic accidents have been reported recentyt justifying this construction.
4. The City of Binghamton as a reputation of UNDERESTIMATING how much infrastructure projects costs. The likelihood that they have underestimated how much this roundabout construction will cost is very high.
5. The City of Binhgamton does not have enough manpower in its department of public work to take on an additional project.
6. The Downtown business owners cannot afford to reduction in downtown pedestrian traffic during the roundabout construction.
7. Let's first fix the roads that are desperately in need of repear.
8. Not to forget, many people living and working downtown are against its construction right now. The timing is all wrong.
9. The City of Binghamton is already PAINFULLY understaffed. Why would it want to take on an additional project if it cannot take adequately care of its existing problems
10. Whether or not Europeans or other cities use roundabouts successfully has nothing to do with the question whether the City of Binghamton needs one.
11. Whether or not there is federal money available for roundabout construction has nothing to do with the question whether the City of Binghamton needs one.
12. In addition, this petition offers a great opportunity to demonstrate responsible government. Government officials, if you have had any misgivings about this project from the beginning, please come forward and sign this petition.
Community Development, Inc.
PO Box 2181
Binghamton, New Yrok 13902-2181
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.