To the Pan African and African Community
DotAfrica is a proposed Internet generic top-level domain (gTLD) for the African and Pan African communities.The .Africa (dotAfrica) domain aspires to embrace Africa’s dynamism to become a nucleus, intersection and breeding ground for Internet activity and development in the continent. DotConnectAfrica(DCA) is to be the Sponsoring Organization and the Registry Operator for the .Africa sponsored Generic Top Level Domain.
DCA has championed .africa for Africa anchored on 3 key principles:
1- To brand the Continent‘s product and services so people will know what Africa does and the positives that Africa has to offer through the promotion of Africa's products & services for trade and investment with new .africa identity.
2- To empower the youth through "generation.africa" to adapt the powers of the internet and its use, thus enjoying a great following thus far.
3- A shift in industry from US market of .com and .org to Africa empowered by the dotafrica registry housed in Africa,encouraging the development of new industry and market for Africa empowering African jobs and wealth creation.
Why you Should Support DotConnectAfrica(DCA Accomplishments)
- Early applicants for the .africa name to ICANN
- Early endorsements from the continental policy makers
- Early endorsements from other stakeholders
- Diaspora Africans who are committed to the continent bringing knowledge and technology transfer.
- Multi-stakeholder governance model:Best Practice
- Non Profit Not Partisan Organization:DCA is a trust registered in a neutral country ,Mauritius
- An Open Transparent Initiative:over 31 Press Releases since February 2010 disclosing our activities.
- Inclusive cross marketing opportunity for country code Top Level Domains ,ccTLDs
- Support for new Africa based generic Top Level Domains(gTLDs)
- Presenting an African common position for ICANN support for new gTLDs
- Sponsor African delegation to shape policy debate in support of the community gtLD initiatives.
- DCA will support all international and African languages and IDN registries.
- Team committed to building generation.africa
- Team committed to branding Africa to give the continent a positive image.
- Official sponsors at the ICANN38 Brussels-The first African TLD registry to sponsor International Conference;EAIGF Kampala Uganda; and now AITEC
ICT Summit Nairobi.
Sign the Petition to Show Your Support