Delay the PSA
November 22, 2012
PETITION FOR A GENERAL MEETING
OF THE MEMBERS OF THE ONTARIO MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
The Ontario Medical Association Sections on Cardiology, Diagnostic Imaging, Gastroenterology, Nuclear Medicine, and Ophthalmology have called upon the OMA leadership to postpone the ratification of the tentative agreement between Ontario doctors and the MOHLTC. These Sections held a recently meeting to discuss the tentative agreement and agreed there was widespread concern that an insufficient amount of time and information was available to all Ontario doctors to make an informed decision about the tentative agreement. Discussions with physicians from other OMA Sections indicate that there is widespread concern about the lack of information and time to rush through an agreement that appears to be more about addressing the agenda of the McGuinty government than it does about Ontario physicians concerned about their future ability to provide high quality patient care. We encourage you to show your support and send your signed ballot to no later than November 29th. Ballots will be collected and submitted to the OMA.
If you support this petition, please complete the following and sign it below
TO: The Ontario Medical Association (the “Association”)
AND TO: The Board of Directors of the Association (the “Board”)
AND TO: Mr. Ron Sapsford, Chief Executive Officer (the “CEO”)
AND TO: Dr. Doug Weir, President
The undersigned member(s) in good standing of the Association, as evidenced by their signature(s) below, hereby request that the Board and the CEO convene a general meeting of the members of the Association in accordance with the Association’s By-Laws, for the purposes of considering and to vote on the Tentative 2012 Physician Services Agreement tentatively agreed upon by the Association and the Government of Ontario (Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care).
2 years agoJose Contreras2 years ago
2 years agoRay Foley2 years ago
2 years agoIngrid Tapia2 years ago
2 years agoRoberto Contreras2 years ago