We, the Cookies by Design franchisees, are concerned about the business plan and direction that DCI has followed over the past few years. It is our
opinion that this plan is one of the causes for the loss of over 100
franchise units from the chain. We believe that this loss will continue
unless a new direction is taken.
We strongly object to these parts of your business plan and find them detrimental to the financial health of the franchise community:
1. Direct competition with the franchisees by shipping to areas that are able to be hand delivered.
2. Imposing additional fees for servicing our mutual customers in these hand delivery areas.
3. Reducing the sales volume of smaller market shoppes that have, in the past, depended on shipping for a major part of their volume.
4. Imposing additional fees for the privilege of shipping to areas within a 1 day delivery zone.
5. Putting the financial health of the gifting center over and above the financial health of the franchise units as you do when you evaluate the above mentioned shipping and hand-delivery programs.
It is our collective desire that you begin to listen to the franchisees and embrace our financial health as a top priority.