the Honourable Speaker and Members of the House of Representatives
and the Honourable Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly of New South Wales in Parliament assembled
This petition of 28 February 2011 draws the attention of the House to the safety of the endangered species of the Major’s Creek State Reserve, as well as private nature reserves adjoining it, due to the proposed development of a gold, silver, copper, zinc and lead mine and ore processing development at Dargues Reef, near Major’s Creek in NSW.
The undersigned petitioners therefore ask the House of Representatives and the NSW Legislative Assembly to:
- Dismiss the present application for a gold, silver, copper, zinc and lead mine and ore processing development at Dargues reef, near Major’s Creek in NSW.
- To only permit mining above this steep, vulnerable and valuable area on the following conditions:
- That a full economic cost benefit analysis be done on any impacts of spillage or toxicity from tailings on the orchard, market garden, tourism and other major industries immediately downstream, as well as the health of those households who draw their water downstream of the proposed development
- That a full study be done of the rare, threatened, endangered and critically endangered species in the 6 square kilometres downstream of the proposed as well as a 70-bore test of the effect on the water table and ecology downstream.
- That any tailings dam or ore processing site using chemicals such as Xanthates should not be located at the headwaters above the vulnerable Major’s Creek Araluen, Deua and Moruya waterways, but located on the northern side of the ridge .5-1.5 km beyond the proposed site, an area of gentle slope or level ground amid rough grazing country, being the area where the developers are proposing to extract the larger part of their ore.
No comments yet.join the discussion
best social bookmarks, Ukraine2 years ago Comments: U3lRVI Hey, thanks for the blog.Much thanks again. Will read on... http://crork.com/
social bookmarking service, Russian Federation2 years ago Comments: fvTNIY Really appreciate you sharing this blog.Much thanks again. Awesome.
Jackie French, Australia4 years ago Comments: -
There are no highlights yet.