Are you aware that Dover District Council are in the process of finalising their Land Allocations Pre- submission Local Plan, which includes the potential to build up to 50 dwellings on land between 107 and 127 Capel Street and another 2 sites.
For our village The Plan proposes to include:
• 50 Houses on land between 107 and 127 Capel Street – Policy LA23 Ref SHL060
• Up to 5 Houses on the corner of Winehouse Lane and Capel Street – Policy LA22 Ref CAP03
• 50 Houses on land between Capel Court and Helena Road – Policy LA21 Ref CAP04
The issues with regards to the Capel Street are:
1. In order to achieve access to the site any development would require the removal of the roadside hedgerow.
2. Development could have a very urbanising effect on the area relative to the current surroundings.
3. Development would be unlikely to be in keeping with the character of village
4. Development would have a detrimental impact on the setting of the AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty).
If you have any objections to this site being included in the Local Plan, then please sign the petition.