1. No Tenure / No Pension.
2. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and
receives no pay when they're out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social
4. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow
into the Social Security system, and Congress participates
with the American people. It may not be used for any other
5. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
6. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay
raise.Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
7. Congress loses their current health care system and
participates in the same health care system as the
8. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the
9. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women
are void effective 12/1/13. The American people did not
make this contract with Congressmen/women.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.