We, the tennis-playing members and guests of Chinguacousy appreciate the fine facility that has been built for summer and winter tennis. However, we find that the end-to-end configuration of the tennis courts causes a safety concern and a significant distraction when playing. We have not found any other courts in Ontario where the courts are primarily configured this way. They are all side-by-side. With the end-to-end configuration:
1. In winter, the lighting is directly in the players line of sight.
2. In summer, the dividers are transparent and flimsy, and balls continuously travel under them and on to the next end-to-end court.
We suggest and request one or more of the following solutions:
1. Reconfigure the courts to a side-by-side configuration by repainting them and repositioning the net standards. Since the sun sets in the northwest in summer, the late afternoon sun would be no more of a problem than it is now. If that is not possible then//
2. For winter, hang opaque dividers in winter that begin about 10 feet above the courts and block out the lights from the next courts that are in the players line of sight. This would still allow all players to see and access the fire exits, and//
3. In summer, purchase and deploy translucent dividers that are anchored to prevent balls from travelling under them and on to the next end-to-end court. This would alleviate the safety hazard caused by the current divider system and lessen player distraction.
We respectfully request these changes in the interests of player safety and playing pleasure.
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.