Citizens for a Safer Community is committed to developing solutions to traffic issues affecting city residents in order to improve the area's quality of life as well as to strengthen the community's economic viability.
The purpose of this Petition is to support the efforts of Citizens for a Safer Community in developing alternate routes for pass-through heavy truck traffic. Signed petitions will be presented to the Allegan City Council with a request to adopt a Resolution authorizing the Michigan Department of Transportation to implement such alternate routes. There are NO expected tax increases associated with this petition.
Trucks making local deliveries will not be affected. Pass through heavy trucks add NOTHING to the economy or viability of Allegan.
PLEASE NOTE: ANYONE, living, working, or with a vested interest in the Allegan Area may sign this petition, including YOUTH (students in third grade or higher).
Citizens for A Safer Community is Working to:
• Inform Allegan that NOTHING will be done about heavy pass through trucks unless City Council passes a resolution asking MDOT to address the issue.
• Make downtown Allegan more dynamic and resident friendly.
• Reroute heavy pass-through truck traffic.
• Ensure that local truck deliveries have unrestricted access to local business destinations.
• Create a truly walk-able community.
• Make Allegan safer, easier and more inviting to visit the downtown.
• Reconnect our neighborhoods to the downtown business district.
• Strengthen the business community and encourage more shopping downtown.
• Encourage new business and long-term investment.
• It's time to try something different! Ignoring the impact of pass through trucks will only lead to more economic decline and blight.
For more information contact Citizens for A Safer Community, Inc. (CFASC) at:
Or call: (269)-673-9995