This petition would like to call for a delay in the CFA renovations which are planned to be carried out in November / December 2010. The group of petitioners feels that it would be more beneficial to the CFA groups if the renovations could be delayed to May / June 2011. It has been a long serving tradition that CFA groups have conducted their Annual Dance/ Music Camp in December. This period would be essential for groups to develop their technical skills to gear the group towards their NAF / annual performance in March 2011. It is also a key period for the group to bond with the freshmen. The renovations would cause disruptions to the planning of Dance/Music Camp. Most of the groups do not have intensive training during the May / June period as many of our members are engaged in internship or plan to go back to their home country during this period. Many of our members would not be affected by the CFA renovations. By holding the renovations in Nov / Dec instead of May / June: 1) CFA groups have to incur high costs by having to subsidize the groups to scout for outside venues 2) Committees from CFA groups have to spend time and resources scouting new venues for music camp, compromising the core planning and training for the group during the term time 3) More CFA members would be affected by the renovations. Many freshmen would be affected before they are acclimatized to the working conditions in CFA. The CFA groups in the petition are not going against the renovation, but we do strongly feel that May/June 2011 period could be chosen instead so as to minimize the disruptions to the running of the groups, maximize economical benefits and also to focus our effort to our core activities. We hope that you would consider our proposal. Thank you.