The ECP has an historic opportunity to forever change the dark and disreputable politics of Pakistan. Free and Fair elections will remain hollow clichés unless The ECP acts to purge the past violators and creates an effective filtration process for the future lawmakers.
We, the ‘Citizens for Fair Elections’ demand that the Election Commission puts an end to the eternal recycling of political sewerage by taking the following bold steps:
1. DISQUALIFY ALL FAKE DEGREE HOLDERS: ECP should order HEC to provide exact details of all parliamentarians who either have fake degrees or who concealed their degrees to prevent verification by HEC. Both categories of Parliamentarians be disqualified for their fraud and dishonest actions.
2. DISQUALIFY ALL DUAL NATIONALS: ECP should ask for affidavit and verify from other sources the dual nationality status of each legislator. Those with dual nationality or those who do not provide an affidavit confirming that they are not dual nationals be disqualified. This should include people like Rehman Malik who acquired and then presumably gave up their dual nationality. Article 63C of the constitution reads, “A person shall be disqualified from being elected as a member of Parliament if he acquires the citizenship of a foreign state”. The act of once acquiring is sufficient to disqualify a legislator.
3. DISQUALIFY LOAN DEFAULTERS. (Details may be obtained from SBP and all banks).
4. DISQUALIFY TAX EVADERS: (Details may be obtained from FBR for the last five years).
5. DISQUALIFY DEFAULTERS OF UTILITY BILLS. (Details may be obtained from all utility service providers for the last five years).
ECP should get the exact details for the past five years from SBP, FDR and Utilities service providers and disqualify all those legislators who fall under article 63 of the Constitution.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.