We are calling the attention of all early childhood advocates, teachers, students, and families to a very important issue that affects the well being of all California children who are or will be in a childcare setting. Currently, only a meager 30% of all early childcare settings are being visited annually. This leaves 70% of childcare facilities in question as to whether they are in compliance with the standards set by Community Care Licensing (CCL). This means we are ensuring the health and safety of only 30% of our children in child care facilities. How can we justify leaving 70% of our children behind
In order to ensure the health, safety, well-being of our children it is important to support CCL\'s goal to increase the 2008-09 budget in order to have analysts visit childcare settings on an annual basis.
Unfortunately, California has one of the lowest frequencies of childcare facility inspections nationally. In order to ensure the standards, as pre-determined by Community Care Licensing, are being consistently met for the sake of our children, it is imperative to have an appropriate amount of analysts in the field to visit every childcare program annually. Community Care Licensing has the potential to empower all Early Childhood program participants in the Licensing process and lead directly to better care and better outcomes for children, families, and society. Community Care Licensing is a tool that reduces risks and protects the health, safety, and welfare of our children.
We are asking, as advocates for our children, for their future and ours, to help keep our children safe by assuring our programs are in compliance through annual Licensing visits to every Early Childhood program, accessible only through a $27.4 million budget increase for CCL to enable an increase in staffing, thus allowing lower caseloads of 1:100 and the maintenance of health and safety requirements for the benefit of our 1,175,694 children in childcare facilities in California.
This petition will be mailed and emailed to our state senators, council members, and representatives by December 12, 2007.
If you support Community Care Licensing\'s recommendation to move toward annual visits to every childcare facility, please add your name below.
This petition is sponsored by Advocates for Young Children, a group of graduate students from California State University, Long Beach who have come together to support the well-being and rights of all children and families. You can contact us directly by emailing us at: email@example.com
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
Contact your state representatives directly regarding this or any other issue by visiting the following website: www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html Budget Information: http://www.lao.ca.gov/analysis_2007/health_ss/hss_14_anl07.aspx#Community%20Care%20Licensing http://www.childcarelaw.org/docs/CCLC%20May%20Revise%20Response%20051407.pdf http://www.cppp.org/files/6/House%20Senate%20-%20Education.pdf We welcome you to join our Groups! http://groups.myspace.com/aycunite http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AYC-AdvocacyforYoungChildren http://groups.google.com/group/ayc-advocacyforchildren
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.