1) Article B8 of the CUSU constitution, which states that:
"All members of CUSU shall have the right not to be discriminated against";
2) CUSU's longstanding commitment to the welfare and safety of its members.
1) That incitements to violence on campus pose a direct risk to the welfare of students;
2) That a Students' Union must be able to counter such a risk and protect its members;
3) That guidelines on how to respond to the threat of such incitement are an important
step towards ensuring that Cambridge students are safe on campus.
1) To mandate the Democracy and Development team, in consultation with relevant
societies within the student community and guided by the Notes and Believes of this
motion, to formulate guidelines for responding to potential or actual incitements to
violence on campus;
2) To mandate the CUSU executive to follow the guidelines once written;
3) To mandate the CUSU President or CUSU Welfare Officer to liaise with colleges and
other appropriate bodies in the University to encourage the uniform adoption of the
Proposed by: Chris Lillycrop (St Catharine’s College).
Seconded by: Ben Goldring (St Catharine’s College).
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.