Equestrian Village/Polo Stadium at Epcal -- 13+ Reasons to Like Us Jan 28. 2013 | Comments (0)
- 1. A community facility with discounted parking, shopping, membership and tickets for Riverhead residents to all events (equestrian and non-equestrian).
- 2. A facility website linked to the Riverhead Chamber site allowing visitors to purchase tickets online, see the seasonal schedule of events, results of mat-ches, news, links to area vendors, photo gallery, membership info, videos, restaurant and reservation info.
- 3. A horse-back riding program for disabled, handicapped or under-privileged children and adults.
4. A horse and polo museum open to the public year-round with exhibition hall.
- 5. Indoor/outdoor stadium for equestrian uses open April to October and off-season for events, trade shows, conventions, sports including soccer, lacrosse, gymnastics
- 6. A gate tax or profit-sharing incentive for Riverhead Town.
7. Employment opportunities to residents of Riverhead Township, (ie management, operations, support, professional development, cultural liaison, vendors, suppliers, food service, beverage, product placement)
- 8. Year-round use of facilities for local charity groups and fund-raisers.
- 9. Special live performances and events showcased at the weekly public equestrian events.
10. Musical groups, artists, cultural and art shows, car and boat shows, air shows, exhibitions, dance, theatre, arts, food, wine, horticulture, and receptions to be presented year-round to the public.
- 11. Joint ventures with the local wineries and vineyards as well as hotels and restaurants to increase tourism and visitors.
- 12. Special connections on the Hampton Jitney & LIRR (and Ferries) to bring the public to the site.
- 13. Partnership with Breyer Horse Creations to make limited edition models of the Polo horses to be sold retail.
- 14. Branding opportunities for the Town to create merchandise in conjunction with the general public events as well as equestrian events.