We the People of India and the World -
Drawing upon all the great traditions of justice, fairness and plain decency evolved in the course of human history;
Upholding the right to life and its perpetuation in all its forms everywhere;
Resisting with all our might the ongoing assault on human rights, values and liberties by the forces of capital, racism and authoritarianism; and
Affirming the overwhelming need for a global uprising against the relentless march of US militarism across Planet Earth;
Hereby charge George W. Bush, the US Government he represents and all its allies around the world with the following (among countless others) crimes against humanity -:
- Attempting to restore the era of Western colonial rule over the world through devastating violence and systematic looting of resources of weaker nations;
- Violating and indeed summarily rejecting all known international laws governing relations between countries of the world;
- Planning, preparing, and waging the supreme crime of a war of aggression in contravention of the United Nations Charter and the Nuremberg Principles.
- Murdering in cold blood over 200,000 citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan in the first phase of this project of global recolonisation;
- Targeting civilian populations through indiscriminate use of violence, systematic destruction of infrastructure and collective punishment of cities and towns;
- Using illegal weapons including napalm, depleted uranium, cluster and white phosphorus bombs against both civilian and combatants in violation of the Geneva Conventions;
- Using deadly violence against peaceful protestors in the occupied countries;
- Subjecting Iraqi and Afghani soldiers and civilians to torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment;
- Obstructing the right to information, in particular through assassination of journalists and deliberate military targeting of media facilities;
- Willfully devastating the environment, including through use of radioactive material with potential to harm all life forms for centuries to come;
- Planning the use of nuclear weapons against adversaries such as Iran in the near future;
- Bribing or bullying developing country governments, such as in India, to become partners in its global crimes;
- Emerging as the greatest threat to global peace, security and human well being since the advent of the Nazism under Adolf Hitler.
We solemnly pledge that we will not forget, forgive or rest till we bring the perpetrators of these enormous crimes to justice no matter how long it takes or what efforts it calls for.
Films for Peace is a team of citizens with a concern for human dignity. It comprises filmmakers, fisherfolk, students, environmentalists, rights activists, media and software professionals, humanitarian workers and movie buffs. Films for peace is conducting a Multivenue Film Festival in india for Peace on American Wars & Crimes during Bush\'s india Visit.
Visit us http://filmsforpeace.co.nr
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
Films for Peace http://www.filmsforpeace.co.nr An Open letter to \"Emperor\" George bush Jr. http://filmsforpeace.blogspot.com/2006/02/open-letter-to-emperor-george-bush-jr.html Films4peace: A multivenue Film festival in India for peace http://filmsforpeace.blogspot.com/2006/02/multi-venue-film-festival-in-india-for.html Details of The Film Package http://filmsforpeace.blogspot.com/2006/02/package-details.html
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.