To: Governor Peter Shumlin and members of the VTA:
Deference in ECFiber territory to Fairpoint Communication’s inferior service is an injustice to all. ECFiber has offered central Vermont a superior alternative and there still remain other areas in the state with no broadband service offers that would welcome Fairpoint’s service.
We urge the Vermont Telecommunications Authority (VTA) to honor the 128 grant application process and ECFiber’s application because:
• The grant will bring broadband services to un-served areas of the EC Fiber territory
• ECFiber’s application offers superior fiber optic broadband service that far exceeds grant requirements of 5 megs/sec.
• ECFiber’s application offers open access fiber optic infrastructure to all providers.
We also urge the Department of Public Service (DPS) to reconsider its settlement with Fairpoint Communications to provide broadband service to un-served Chelsea and Vershire areas because:
• Fairpoint announced 2 days after the VTA 128 grant deadline that it was going to build DSL in un-served areas of ECFiber territory.
• The DSL combined speed required by the DPS is “up to”.965 megs/sec. This is 5 times less than the speeds required by the VTA grant.
Please allow the original VTA 128 grant to go through, thereby helping ECFiber communities to move closer to universal true high speed broadband service. The areas targeted by the VTA grant will be grateful and the entire ECFiber network will be enhanced.
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.