1. We don't want them, these sound barriers 15 feet high lining both sides of the I-71 freeway, hiding our beautiful community from the world passing by, walling us in, shutting off the light and air, destroying the natural barriers we have had in place for decades.
2. ODOT, we already told you this in 2005. Why is it you JUST DON'T LISTEN!!!
3. We want to ban erected, man-made constructs that mar the landscape, cut off the flow of air, and impair the view in, and the view out. And we want to do that not just here, but in like-minded communities across the state of Ohio. We think this needs to come to the attention of Governor Strickland and all the other elected officials who are supposed to serve us, not subjugate us.
4. We want to allow for implementations of intelligent, holistic, sustainable natural solutions to noise and privacy problems, and we want to make this sort of approach an integral part of our neighborhood philosophy. We are the park neighborhood that gave birth to the Cleveland City Zoo, and we are proud of our natural heritage and our built heritage.
5. We want to make this decision to ban these quick and cheap concrete barriers a permanent and statutory decision, much like zoning.
When you sign the petition, leave your street address in the COMMENTS section, please.
The ODOT representatives have stated that they want to give more weight to the requests of people who are more proximate to the proposed sound barriers. The people on Smith Avenue, when they presented their written petitions to the ODOT bureaucrats, were told that they would still get walls, but that they would be transparent in places.
Your email and your phone number will not be displayed in the public view of the petition signers.
Brooklyn Centre Naturalists
Brooklyn Centre National Wildlife Community
Brooklyn Centre Garden Club
The National Wildlife Federation
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.