Over the past three years, I have been working to improve the conditions of Atwood Park. I have made some progress with the help of many locals but we need more help. The Newburyport CPC (Community Preservation Committee) is charged with recommending how funds provided by the Community Preservation Act (CPA), M.G.L. Chapter 44B are allocated. They do this via a grant process. I am applying for a grant and part of the application requires I collect signatures from residents saying they approve of improving our park. I've included a mockup of what the park might look like if the grant application were to be approved. Please sign the petition and include your name, email address (will not be shown publicly) and postal address (will not be shown publicly). This information will be included with the grant application.
Also feel free to sign up for the Atwood Park mail list at http://groups.google.com/group/atwoodparknbpt
The improvements being asked for include:
- Improve soil and plant new grass
- Repair brick walls
- Replace all fencing including adding ornamental fencing along School St
- Plant trees along the park on School St
- Resurface the former tennis court for use for kids to play on
- Paint games and a "road" to ride bikes "on"
- Concrete table tennis table
- Concrete chess and backgammon boards with benches
- Remove old electrical box and out of commission water fountain
No comments yet.join the discussion
Elise Carner, United States1 year ago Comments: -
Rebecca Cook, United States2 years ago Comments: I would be thrilled to see improvements made to this park so children can better use it in the near future.
john leydon, United States2 years ago Comments: -
There are no highlights yet.