Save Animals and Children from Antifreeze Poisoning

Antifreeze is sweet: animals...and sometimes children...are attracted to this common, but deadly, fluid. A simple bittering agent, denatonium benzoate would make this sweet,bright colored substance taste..yuck, and thousands of animals lives could be saved every year. Hundreds of children could be prevented from visiting emergency rooms. The cost minimal...just pennies per gallon. A small price to pay to save a life! Please help me get a bill introduced and passed into a law by signing this petition. I am eleven years old and lost my beloved golden retriever Sam and my faithful companion Jessie to intentional antifreeze poison. Two wonderful animals within days of one another. Please help me prevent other animals from suffering this horrible death. Please consider using your name instead of being anonymous this will help me with presenting the petition for consideration of a bill.

Sponsor I am an eleven year old girl who suffered great loss and sadness when someone intentionally poisoned my two dogs using antifreeze. They died a terrible, painful death. Sam my golden was like a brother to me. He was pure sunshine, and Jessie my big black hound was a constant companion. I miss them so much. Antifreeze is easy to get, easy to give and almost guaranteed to kill. Please help me save other animals and even children by having the antifreeze companies add a bittering agent to this poison. I would like to read your comments so please leave them for me.


This site explains antifreeze and children This site explains pets and antifreeze


No comments yet.

join the discussion

Recent signatures

  • username

    Dora Winters Ruijs, United States

    1 year ago Comments: -
  • username

    Dora, United States

    1 year ago Comments: I am fully aware of the acts of deliberate acts of poisoning humans as well as animals using antifreeze. I've seen several cases on Dateline and have read other cases on the web. It's very dangerous that one can be poisoned by unknowingly ingesting it, because apparently there is no significant taste or odor. This is very dangerous! In addition to poor animals/pets that accidently get into spilt antifreeze and die from as a result. Not to mention all the medical bills that pile up in efforts to diagnose and treat - if it even gets that far....
  • username

    social bookmarking service, Russian Federation

    2 years ago Comments: qxJcsR Thank you ever so for you post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.
See more

Petition highlights

There are no highlights yet.