We all appreciate the numbers of students that are on Animal related courses, but we all don't think it’s fair we have to carry our practical equipment with us, there are a few points to this.
• What would happen if someone was in a wheelchair
• What if someone was temporally disabled e.g. Broken Leg, Arm, etc (we all can't depend on friends all the time)
• What if the student has to attend the gym for medically reasons (that’s extra weight for students
• The Animal Management Unit has the most course related equipment.
• Lockers could be situated all around the campus with close CCTV
• Students who have medical related weakness e.g. RSI
• Students with learning disabilities and suffer with a disability (e.g. memory loss)
We could charge possibly £5 for the loan of the locker and locker key
and 2 options keep the £5 for costs towards the AMU or the student gets their money key back when they return the key All lockers would be cleaned out over the weekend for students to take home their course related materials to wash and clean ready for Monday?
I think this would be a much better approach then just giving students ''alert slips'' when students may have genuinely forgotten or a disability related issue.
The college always talks about supporting students in every way possible, let’s try and make this happen.
One quick option, would all Animal students be prepared to a fundraising event to help towards the cost of lockers?
IF YOU AGREE PLEASE SIGN THE ATTACHED SHEET AND HOPEFULLY WITH EVERYONES SUPPORT ANIMAL MANAGEMENT WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US
No comments yet.join the discussion
RICKY KINSEY, United Kingdom4 years ago Course, Year and Group: Animal Management Extended Diploma Level 3
There are no highlights yet.