Dear Supporters of the Arkansas Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission,
During the 89th General Assembly 2013 Regular Session, Arkansas Code Title 27, Chapter 24, Subchapter 14 was amended to add an additional section to read as follows, “27-24-1411 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. license plate”. The Director of the Department of Finance and Administration shall issue a special license plate in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., in the manner and subject to the conditions provided for under this subchapter.
Therefore, the Arkansas Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission will complete and submit an “Application for Special Interest License Plate” regarding the issuance of an Arkansas Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission Special License Plate.
The issuance of this plate is important because it will commemorate Dr. King. This plate will be available to all eligible Arkansans through the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration.
Along with an “Application for Special Interest License Plate”, the Arkansas Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission will have to submita minimum of 500 signatures in order show support for this plate.
This is where the King Commission needs your support. The King Commission encourages all residents of the state of Arkansas who are the owner of one (1) or more vehicles, to place their e-signature along with the year, make, and license plate number of one of the vehicles that they own on this petition.
As the undersigned, you verify the following:
• You are a resident of the state of Arkansas
• You are the owner of one (1) or more vehicles. Unless prevented from doing so because of circumstances beyond your control, you will register at least one (1) vehicle that you own with the special license plate named above, if such plates are approved by the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration
• You are aware that there are annual fees, in addition to the regular registration fees, for such special plates
• You are aware that the Office of Motor Vehicles must receive a minimum of 500 signatures, $5,000, or a combination thereof, before this special plate can be ordered or issued; You are aware that, under A.C.A. 27-14-303, the penalty for making a false statement on a motor vehicle application, concealing a material fact, or otherwise committing a fraud in any motor vehicle application, upon conviction, is punishable by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1000.00) or by imprisonment for not more than one (1) year or both
• You are aware that there is a $50.00 annual fee which is forwarded to the King Commission, in addition to the regular registration fees, for such special plates.
If you have any questions, comments, or other feedback, then please feel free to contact our office at (501) 683-1300. Thank you.
Arkansas Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission