PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT OF HAVING THE EMIT/PWIT YOUTH DEVELOPMENT LEADERSHIP ACADEMY OF EITA, INC. OPERATING IN THE COLUMBUS AREA. BY SIGNING THIS PETITION YOU ARE IN AGGREEANCE WITH THE MISSION OF PWIT AND EMIT YDLA AND ADVOCATING FOR IT'S FUNDING.
Mission, Vision and Core Values of EMIT AND PWIT YLDA
The EMIT/PWIT Leadership Development Academy provides children and young people with a rigorous life preparatory education focused on leadership, entrepreneurship, and technology in a supportive environment that nurtures self-confidence, inspires leadership, encourages critical thinking, accountability, self-management and promotes academic excellence.
All young people have equitable access to the skills, knowledge, and opportunities to succeed in education and to develop as leaders in their communities and the world.
• EMIT/PWIT YLDA values the benefits of education to the social and academic development of Columbus’ youth.
• EMIT/PWIT values critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and the application of knowledge to real world challenges.
• EMIT/PWIT values diversity in all its forms
• EMIT/PWIT values the partnership of parents and community organizations in supporting youth leadership development and academic success.
• EMIT/PWIT values a teaching and learning setting that sets a premium on professionalism and creativity.
• EMIT/PWIT values the application of technology in ways that stimulate learning, encourage innovation, and inspire creative solutions to community and social issues.
What We Do....
EITA, Inc. researches the facts and creates and delivers interactive learning programs and workshops. These are primarily for children and young people, but also for parents community members, teachers, church leaders, and others working with and for young people.
EITA’s interactive workshops focus on participation and two-way dialogue, on stimulating children and young people to think for themselves about the impact of their choices on their life and the community in which they reside
How We Do It....
EITA's interactive curriculum are delivered by teams of intensively trained presenters led by highly experienced teacher/facilitators. The workshops use role-play, simulation, hot-seating in role, processing, projecting, strategic planning, coalition building, choice evaluation and a range of other evidence based techniques. The experience is expanded through the use of peer led community projects.
They are delivered within a stimulating environment.
The effectiveness of what we do is constantly evaluated, internally and externally.
Active learning methods, as used by EITA, are designed to engage children and young people, and address the vital community, personal, social, behavioral and health issues that affect 12-19 year old.
Schools do not have the time, staff or the funding employ that programs and opportunities that EITA’s EMIT/PWIT offer.
No comments yet.join the discussion
Bernice Fleming, United States1 year ago Comments: I think that this program will be a big help in the community for the teenagers to educate the teens in many areas.
Lindsey Johnson, United States2 years ago Comments: -
Joseph Thomas, United States2 years ago Comments: -
There are no highlights yet.